Game 10101: with LEGO, MS Kodu and GameSalad
To register your child in this course, please click on the Register tab and fill the registration form, or write to [email protected] if you have any queries.
- Enables students to build and program real-life robotic solutions using Java Object-Oriented Programming.
- Provides cross-curricular opportunities in computer science, technology, engineering and math.
- Allows for creativity in design.
- Enables students to explore the world of engineering by building complex control systems.
SECTION 1: LEGO Robotics
1. An introduction to programming and robotics
2. Output: display and sound
3. Moving the robot
4. Using mathematics to program robots
6. Decisions and Loops
7. Data Handling
8. Data Blocks
- Assembling parts of a robot
- Assembling a gear
- Design and program the robot to...
- Play your composed music and write its lyrics on screen
- Move forward and in reverse, accelerate and turn in circles
- Brake at the exact distances where there is a boy crossing the road
- Run through a maze
- Move when detecting sound
- Stop moving when sensing an object
- Stop moving when sensing a black line
- Stop moving when bumping into an object
- Move in a square only when there is no object in the vicinity using the ultrasonic sensor
- Follow a dark line using the light sensor
- Hit the red ball and not the blue one giving warning to the user
- Increase the speed according to the loudness of your clap
- Calculate the difference in distance from the two sensor readings
- Use the rotation sensor to count and pass the number of rotations on screen
SECTION 2: Game development using Microsoft Kodu
Module 1: Introducing Game Design & Kodu Game Lab
Module 2: Kodu Basics
Module 3: Informal design process
Module 4: Creating Worlds
Module 5: Game Design Patterns
SECTION 3: Using Game Salad
- Course Introduction
- Getting Started : Initial Setup
- Actor Setup Part 1
- Actor Setup Part 2
- Creating Levels
- Building a Menu and UI elements